It’s hard to know where to start in terms of reviewing The Liverpool Encyclopedia, as it isn’t meant as a source of entertainment as such, although you could spend endless hours reading through it if you wish to become the ultimate Liverpool statto!
The encyclopedia is truly is a wonderful product of what must have been countless hours of research from Arnie Baldursson and Gudmundur Magnusson. The two men haven’t cut corners or left any stone unturned, which is a credit to them as I imagine they might have felt like slacking somewhat during such a long and probably arduous task in terms of researching and writing the book.
So, what exactly is included in the encyclopedia? Well the simple answer is this; it contains literally everything that somebody needs to know about Liverpool Football Club.
- In depth profiles of every manager in the club’s history.
– Articles on the significant institutions and moments regarding Liverpool.
– Over 1100 photographs – of which many are rare and previously unseen.
– Facts, figures and statistics from the excellent LFCHistory.mer website.
– Full profiles and career information of every player who has made a competitive appearance for the club since 1892, from Alan A’Court to Christian Ziege.
Sometimes if a book contains so much information, it can look daunting in the way it is set out, usually with plenty of lists and tables etc. However The Liverpool Encyclopedia is different. It has been designed beautifully by Leslie Priestley, and even the endless lists of records and stats are set out in a way that is both easy on the eye and easy to understand.
Whether you use it to swat up to impress your mates with down the pub, or have it next to you whilst watching a game to settle an argument or find an answer to the question that nobody seems to know, the encyclopedia is a resource that is suitable for pretty much any person who supports Liverpool FC, whether they’ve been supporting for 50 years or 5 minutes.
Quite honestly, I can’t see a single reason why ANY Liverpool fan would not want a copy of this amazing piece of work. I highly recommend that you get yourself a copy of it, I promise you will not be disappointed with your purchase.
- We're an English language website, therefore comments should be written in English.
- Racial, personal attacks or abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Irrelevant and/or non-subject related comments will be deleted.
- We have freedom of speech. Everyone's opinion is allowed and should be respected.
- Always follow the admins instructions. If not you'll risk getting banned from the site.