The Reds face newly promoted Crystal Palace at Anfield on Saturday, a game which could see Liverpool go top of the Premier League with a victory. Since their promotion, Palace have struggled to adapt to the league and have suffered 5 defeats in 6 games so far, with their solitary win coming against Sunderland, who were our last opponents.
The Eagles don’t have many players who you would say could cause us too many problems, they have forward Marouane Chamakh on loan from Arsenal, Wideman Jason Puncheon, who came in from Southampton, plus Australian midfielder and captain, Mile Jedinak, who I would say are about their better players. This is definitely a game we should be winning, but we have to be professional and take nothing for granted as there’s no easy games in this league, regardless of the oppositions personnel.
Midfielder Lucas is suspended for the game after picking up his 5th booking of the campaign at the Stadium of Light on Sunday, this is likely to mean that Jordan Henderson will move into the centre to partner the Captain Steven Gerrard, allowing one of Raheem Sterling or Jordon Ibe to come into the side on the right wing. The pairing of Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez will continue and Victor Moses will keep his place too. I’d also expect the same back 4 that won at Sunderland aswell, meaning Vice Captain, Daniel Agger, will have to make do with a place on the substitute bench.
I’ve got to feel confident that the Redmen can claim all 3 points at the weekend and that we will register a decent scoreline too. In Sturridge and Suarez we have a potent strikeforce and they should have too much for Crystal Palace, below are my 5 best bets for the game:
1) Liverpool to win to Nil To follow Jay and bet, click here
2) Liverpool 3-0 Crystal Palace To follow Jay and bet, click here
3) Daniel Sturridge 1st goalscorer To follow Jay and bet, click here
4) Mile Jedinak to be booked anytime To follow Jay and bet, click here
5) Liverpool (-2) on the Handicap To follow Jay and bet, click here
- We're an English language website, therefore comments should be written in English.
- Racial, personal attacks or abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Irrelevant and/or non-subject related comments will be deleted.
- We have freedom of speech. Everyone's opinion is allowed and should be respected.
- Always follow the admins instructions. If not you'll risk getting banned from the site.